Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Remember that bright sock yarn...



Well combine it with the new Cat Bordhi book "New Pathways for Sock Knitters" and a new friend who is an avid sock knitter. What you get is sore fingers and a half done sock grin.

Needless to say my sweater has been on hold for the past two weeks as I chugged away on this little oddity. It uses the Upstream Architecture from the book and I am now trying to figure out the heel.

Notice how short and blunt that toe is?

That is where Linda helped. I have rather short toes and most socks I have seen have toes that are way too long. So we started on 14, yes 14, stitches and increased every row for most of the increases. It may look blunt to some of yall but it fits wonderfully.
The diamond running up the leg is the result of the Sockitecture I am using.
Much as I normally hate knitting socks I am really looking forward to wearing this pair.

No comments: