Thursday, January 10, 2008

A matter of toes

Yall have read and seen photos of my Socks by Gosh as I have been calling them. The fit is wonderful! I am busy with the heel right now and totally frustrated. Grin I messed them up and have to tink a few rows but that is for another day.

Which explains why I fell for the Siren call of another of the sock yarns. I grabbed that beautiful blue multi color I got off eBay and figured I would give the toe in the book a try or at least her numbers...
Queen Kahuna cast on of 12 stitches. Increase every other row. Pretty yarn, wonderful to work with and sigh this pair will go to a friend. Why? The toes. And since a picture is worth a thousand words.



And this yarn is making such a fascinating coloring in the sock toe so far. I really love the colors but well not in a frogging mood ;-)

Edited to add a photo of the sock toes both at 72 stitches around notice the extreme difference in the shape of the toes.

No comments: