Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Swap Scarf


my scarf for swap
Originally uploaded by spindledreams
I signed up for the scarf swap in one of my weaving groups in Ravelry. This has been my main project since then. I did dither back and forth about the kind of scarf I wanted to make. Fancy dressy or maybe just a plain warm scarf for winter. Since it was going to New Hampshire I finally settled on picking out colors for a simple woolen scarf.
My first batch of colors actually never made it onto the loom. On a second trip to Nanytutu in Wellington Co I found a deep rich teal that I fell in love with and paired it with a light grey for a bit of a color-and-weave design. The checks only occur on the ends and to be honest my secret pal took a much better photo of the scarf when she received it which showed both ends :)


I received a beautiful multicolor wool scarf also.Please excuse my poor photography as I am getting used to a new camera but as you can see my new scarf is absoutly beautiful. Grin everyone at work now knows what it looks like as I have been wearing it just about every night since it arrived.

No comments: