Saturday, July 18, 2009

have you ever heard of a tahkli?


tahkli
Originally uploaded by spindledreams
It is a small fast supported spindle used to spin cotton and other short stapled fibers. I have a large one that I have never been able to make work right. Then I saw these coin tahkli on sale. The are made and sold by Spinnerdude on Etsy and figured I could afford another spindle I can't spin. Then I found the funds for his kit and figured what the heck lets make it 2 cheap spindles you can't spin, 4 oz camel down and a DVD that might help. (Yeah right dorothy who are you kidding you really just wanted the camel down ;-))
Grin surprise I can spin his little coin Tahkli and even bigger surprise I am having a blast with them. But man I did not realize how much 4 oz of camel down was! Oh that DVD it is not as bad as he makes it out to be and yes it did help.

No comments: